Dear SANLO Family,
The last few days have led us all into unfamiliar waters as COVID-19 has affected the world around us. I urge you not to panic, because we have a living hope in Jesus Christ. We live by faith, not fear.
We, the Elders, want you to know that we have been monitoring the situation very closely with careful and prayerful consideration. Out of a desire to care for our own community and to respect the recommendations of our local government, we have decided to cancel San Lorenzo Japanese Christian Church’s Sunday services for both the English and Nichigo departments.
Thankfully, the church is not bound by four walls or a building. We are a family joined together by the blood of Christ. We will continue to be a church family together through different forms of worship and community.
- Online Sunday Service @ 10:45am through Facebook Live on our Facebook page. (If you don’t have Facebook, then we encourage you to get together with someone who does). We are working to record the service, if you want to watch it on your own time.
- Stay connected through our weekly posts or weekly email updates.
- We encourage you to continue to meet in community with your small groups.
- As a staff, we want you to know that we are here for you. If you need assistance or prayer, please contact us or call 510-483-9455.
- Above all, don’t panic, be prepared, and pray!!!
We will keep you posted as this situation continues to unfold in our world and community. Let us all lean on Christ through these changing times.
In His Care,
Pastor Eric Yata
“Casting all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7