What to Expect?
San Lorenzo Japanese Christian Church gathers for worship every Sunday providing three different worship services. Here’s what you’ll find at San Lorenzo.
- A multi-generational church: You’ll see people of all ages, and we come together as one family as believers in Jesus Christ.
- Friendly people: We’d love to meet you, so feel free to introduce yourself. Please let us know what we can do to care for you while you’re here.
- A relaxed atmosphere: You’ll notice some folks who like to dress up for church and others who don’t. Feel free to wear what’s comfortable for you, and you’ll fit right in.
- Joyful worship: Our Sundays include contemporary music, sharing, prayer, and relevant and biblical preaching from the Bible.
First Time at SLZJCC
If you are new to San Lorenzo Japanese Christian Church and you plan to visit on a Sunday, then here are some practical things to know:
- Services: We have separate Sunday morning Worship Services which are conducted in both English and Japanese. Both services begin at 10:45 am and finish just after noon.
- Parking: Our parking lot is assigned for visitors, seniors, and families with young children. If you can’t find a parking space, then there are parking spaces available across the way next to Food Maxx.
- Child care: Parents can attend the services while their children attend Nursery or Children’s Church.
- Sunday school: We provide a Sunday School for all ages including adults, youth, pre-school/Kindergarten and 1st grade through 12th grade. Sunday school starts at 9:30am-10:30am.
- 1st Sundays: Every 1st Sunday of the month, we provide a general assembly for adults and children from 9:30am-10am. We also provide a coffee hour of snacks after service. It is a great time to fellowship and get to know each other.
|9:30am||Adult & Children’s Sunday School|
|10:45am||English Worship Service/Children’s Church|
|Japanese Worship Service (separate from English service)|
|6:00pm||English & Japanese Contemporary Service|